Please join us for a Butterfly and Bee exploration walk! Where are the sources of nectar and pollen in our neighbourhood and who is exploiting them for food? Where did those creatures come from? Were they with us all winter? We will start out at the Multispecies Lounge on the Bentway Studio Terrace with some introductory games and activities to explore some of these questions. Then, we’ll tour the adjacent Canoe Landing Park together. This will also help us sharpen our observations to find the best habitat in our neighbourhood. All are welcome.
Workshops are free; attendees are welcome to register for one or all sessions.
This workshop has a set schedule of events for each activity. Please plan to arrive for the start time at 1pm.
Program Schedule (subject to change)
- 1:00 – 1:15pm: Registration check-ins and introduction to the workshop
- 1:15 – 2:30pm: Outdoor hike: Searching for evidence of insect life and live specimens around Canoe Landing Park
- 2:30 – 2:45pm: Break. Please bring your own water and snacks.
- 2:45 – 4:00pm: Indoor interactive game stations, with a headband ‘Who am I”, and ‘Orders of Insects’ match-up. This component is drop-in friendly.
What you need to know:
- This workshop involves time outdoors, please bring water and school-safe snacks as needed.
- The Bentway Studio is a ground-level, physically accessible space.
- All gender and accessible washrooms available.
- Family-friendly, activities are suitable for ages 6 up. Youth under age 16 must be accompanied by a caregiver.