The Bentway is a unique and innovative public space that transforms a kilometre stretch underneath Toronto’s Gardiner Expressway into a new gathering place for our city’s growing population. The Bentway offers year-round artistic, cultural, and recreational activities and events, including public art installations, seasonal and special exhibitions, theatre and musical performances, festivals, creative marketplaces, and more.
Call for Vendors – Tent Rentals
For our first summer season this year, The Bentway would like to work with a select pool of Preferred
Vendors for tent rentals (specifically tents requiring ballast or weights that are not 10×10’ pop up
tents), and clients will be asked to choose from a list of 2-3 selected vendors for their tent rental
needs. We may be looking to make this an exclusive arrangement for future seasons, once The
Bentway Conservancy has a greater understanding of internal and client needs. Location support items
(such as 6’ tables, folding chairs, pop-up 10×10’ tents) will not be handled under this Preferred Vendor
The Bentway is a unique site. For this reason, we are committed to fostering a Preferred Vendor
relationship and will expect Preferred Vendors to show understanding of the complexities and
challenges of the site, as they will be responsible any damages that may occur from the improper
handling of the space during rental delivery, set up and take down.
As part of the Preferred Vendor relationship, The Bentway will commit to:
- Securing rentals for tents through one of the Preferred Vendors whenever tents are required.
- Securing rentals for location support items through one of the Preferred Vendors for internal
Bentway events, and when The Bentway is securing location support items on behalf of a third
- Provide an internal contact within the Bentway team who will be familiar with order and invoicing history.
As part of the Preferred Vendor relationship, the Vendor will be expected to:
- Provide The Bentway with competitive rates for rentals.
- Provide a dedicated account manager within the company who will be handling the Bentway
account and will be the go-to person for questions and/or rental requests.
- Show understanding of the complexities and unique challenges of the Bentway site.