In this workshop, inspired by the work of season artist Genesis Báez, we’ll explore the environment beneath the Gardiner Expressway and Canoe Landing Park through the use of experimental photographic processes and foraged and found materials. Working with the camera-less processes of lumen printing and phytograms, participants will create ephemeral images in collaboration with the landscape.
Workshops are free; attendees are welcome to register for one or all sessions.
What you need to know:
- The Bentway Studio is a ground-level, physically accessible space.
- All gender and accessible washrooms available.
- Family-friendly. Youth under age 16 must be accompanied by a caregiver.
- No previous experience is required.
- All materials will be provided.
- This workshop takes place primarily at The Bentway studio and also involves a foraging walk around the adjacent Canoe Landing Park.