Inspired by The Bentway’s winter installation, The Gateway, and its theme of weaving community together in the cold winter months, this hands-on workshop will provide an opportunity for individuals of all skill levels to learn the fundamentals of weaving and contribute to the creation of a large-scale tapestry.
Come warm up indoors, meet your neighbours, and create something new together.
OCAD University textile artist Colleen McCarten will be there to guide the process. The material for this workshop will be provided and sustainably sourced; workshop participants will be using the leftover paracord from the creation of The Gateway.
What to expect:
- No previous weaving experience is required.
- Please arrive on time and plan to stay for the duration of the workshop.
- All materials will be provided.
- This workshop takes place indoors.
- Youth under age 16 must be accompanied by a caregiver.
- Accessible and all-gender washrooms are available on site.
- This site is wheelchair accessible.