We’re bringing back a Fall-favourite event, Howl’oween! Compete in a Costumed Pup Parade and Contest, made possible with support from our Presenting Sponsor, Ren’s Pets, with fabulous prizes, celebrity judges, music, a gourd-geous photo station, cozy drinks, and bark-tacular local vendors. Bring your best tricks and treats and prepare for a tail-riffic afternoon of Halloween family fun at The Bentway.
Shout it from the woof tops – we’re bringing back autumn’s most adorable paw-rty, Howl’oween, presented by Ren’s Pets. The Bentway once again invites all pup-kins and their families to participate in a fun, festive, dog-focused day! Take part in the Costumed Pup Parade and contest, complete with celebrity judges (look out for your favourite Drag Pug, Miss Pickles!). Comedian and TV personality Spencer Litzinger is our host for the day. We’ll also have themed music, a gourd-geous photo station, cozy drinks, and bark-tacular local vendors.
Get creative and dress to impress for the competition! Prizes will be awarded to dogs with the Most Fall-Festive, Best DIY, and Most Original costumes, as well as the overall Judge’s Favourite. There will also be a Best Group Costume awarded to one lucky family, giving you the chance to arrive in style too! Bring your best tricks and treats and prepare for a tail-riffic afternoon of Halloween family fun at The Bentway. Please arrive by 12:30pm if you’d like to participate in the parade and costume contest!
Schedule of Events (subject to change)
12pm: Event Begins; food and beverage and vendors open
12:30pm: Welcome Remarks and Pre-Parade Announcements
12:45pm – 1:15pm: Costumed Pup Parade
1:30pm – 2pm: Judges Deliberation and Prize Ceremony
2:00 – 4:00pm: Yappy Hours at The Bentway
- 2:00pm – 2:45pm: Mini Training Demo – Loose Leash Walking with When Hounds Fly
- 3:00pm – 3:45pm: Mini Training Demo – Tricks Clinic with When Hounds Fly
Toronto Dog Moms Market:
- Guinnesso’s Treats
- Dirty Pawz Dog Wash
- Baking You Happy
- Butter & Jo Handmade
- Lulu’s Petwear
- Canine Haven Rescue
- Eddie’s Network
What to Expect:
- There is no check-in registration needed to participate in the Costumed Pup Parade and Contest. Simply arrive by 12:30pm and participate in the parade to be considered for the various prize categories.
- During the Parade, stand-out participants will be selected by roaming judges for each of the prize categories. Those selected will be invited up on stage for the judge’s deliberation to award the final winners.
- All parade participants must either be or be accompanied by a caregiver aged 19+ to be considered for the prizes.
- All are welcome, even if you aren’t participating in the contest.
- Other than the stage, the main event space and parade route are fully wheelchair accessible with a mixed terrain of gravel and paved areas with gentle slopes.
- The parade route is about 1.5 km in length.
- Please only bring dogs that are comfortable around crowds and other dogs. Dogs must be leashed at all times.
- All gender and accessible washrooms are available from 12pm – 4pm.
- This event takes place outdoors, rain or shine.
Ren’s Pets is a leading Canadian specialty retailer with 57 stores (and growing!) in Ontario and the Maritimes plus a best-in-class e-commerce site shipping nationally. Ren’s carries the largest selection of pet supplies, including pet food, treats, and toys for your Pet’s Best Life.
Open Farm is one of the fastest growing pet food companies in North America. We focus on producing premium, healthy food and treats for pets, all ethically sourced from farm-to-bowl. We believe the best foods are made with consciously sourced, top-quality ingredients from farmers and fisheries doing things the right way.
Pawsitive Spirits is a Ready-To-Drink beverage company with a passion for creating refreshing low-calorie beverages and helping animals in need by donating 10 cents of every can sold to local animal organizations.